Extracted from the berries of a coniferous tree, Juniper Berry essential oil is recognized for its versatile uses and benefits. The scent of Juniper Berry oil is woody, spicy, and clean. When used for its aroma, Juniper Berry essential oil has a calming and grounding effect and can also be diffused to help cleanse and purify the air. Juniper Berry oil can be used internally as a powerful cleansing and detoxifying agent and to support urinary tract and healthy kidney function.* Applied topically, Juniper Berry essential oil acts as a natural skin toner and reduces the appearance of skin blemishes.
Where to Buy Juniper Berry Oil
To buy a pure bottle of Juniper Berry, visit the Juniper Berry essential oil product page.
Essential oils are powerful and effective when they are pure and potent. Without purity and potency, the uses and benefits of essential oils weaken and the oils are less likely to fulfill individual needs. Unfortunately, many oils available for purchase contain contaminants and filler substances that diminish the purity, potency, and effectivity of the essential oil. doTERRA’s mission is to bring a new standard of essential oils to the world by producing highly pure and potent essential oils so that anyone can experience their extraordinary benefits. doTERRA ensures the quality of their oils by putting each batch of essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol includes a series of rigorous tests that determine the contents of each oil. If the oils are found potent and pure, then they are packaged and sold so that all can experience the life-changing benefits of essential oils.
Juniper Berry Oil Uses and Benefits
- Juniper Berry essential oil is known for its ability to act as a natural skin toner and reduce the appearance of skin blemishes. To promote a clear and healthy complexion, apply one drop of Juniper Berry essential oil to your skin. You will love the refreshing look this oil brings to your skin!
- Your body is constantly working. Even when it is considered resting, the organs and functions of your body are continually in motion, working hard to provide for your needs. Show your body some love and give it an extra boost of support by taking Juniper Berry oil internally. Taken internally, Juniper Berry essential oil will help support healthy kidney and urinary tract function.*
- Fill your home with the refreshing scents of Juniper Berry and Bergamot essential oils with this incredible diffuser blend. For an optimal aroma, diffuse three drops of Juniper Berry and four drops of Bergamot for a light, fresh scent. Juniper Berry oil is ideal for diffusing due to its calming and grounding effects and its ability to cleanse the air. Bergamot is one of the best essential oil pairings for Juniper Berry, and will enhance the benefits of this aromatic fusion by providing a calming and uplifting effect. Together, this blend will enhance positive feelings and create a calming atmosphere.
- Time to invite your closest friends over for a doTERRA facemask party! Make a facemask all your friends will love by adding one to two drops of Juniper Berry to a Bentonite clay mask. Juniper Berry is valued for its ability to help reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and act as a natural skin toner. With Juniper Berry’s many facial enhancing properties, you won’t want to miss out on this rejuvenating face mask.
- Enrich your skin with the best of essential oils, while enjoying a relaxing massage. For a wonderful massage blend, combine Juniper Berry essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing, cleansing massage. Juniper Berry oil contains powerful topical cleansing benefits that will help to cleanse the skin. The aroma of Juniper Berry oil will help provide a calming, grounding effect that is ideal for any massage.
- Try something new and turn an average meal into delectable meal by adding Juniper Berry essential oil. Juniper Berry oil goes great with French-inspired sauces and desserts and will give an unexpected boost to a variety of meals. For best results, use Juniper Berry essential oil sparingly.
- Natural cleanses are popular for a good reason. They help to remove toxic chemicals from body cells, support natural functions of the body, and promote overall well-being. If you are trying a natural cleanse, add one to two drops of Juniper Berry essential oil to water or citrus drinks as a part of your natural cleansing regimen.* Juniper Berry oil is excellent for cleanses due to its natural ability to cleanse and detoxify as well as support healthy kidney and urinary tract function.*
- There is no knowing what kinds of twists and turns may occur while traveling. For a positive traveling experience, always pack Juniper Berry essential oil in your getaway pack. Juniper Berry oil has a myriad of uses and benefits that can help ease emotional and physical problems that may arise when traveling.
- So much to do and so little time? When life has you feeling overwhelmed, put one to two drops of Juniper Berry essential oil into the palm of your hand and lightly rub your hands together. Cup your hands over your nose and inhale to help combat stressful feelings. Juniper Berry oil has incredible aromatic benefits that provide a grounding, calming effect—perfect for any busy day.
- Create your own freshening spray. Simply combine a couple of drops of Juniper Berry essential oil with water in a spray bottle and use to cleanse any area that needs it. This spray can be used to freshen a linen closet, mattress, car, or the air. Juniper Berry oil has natural cleansing benefits that make it a great essential oil for purifying and freshening.
It was said that if you dreamed of gathering juniper berries in winter, you would prosper. It is also noted that the berries of a common juniper signified honor or the birth of a boy.1
The common juniper, Juniperus communis, is an evergreen conifer tree that can grow up to 10 meters high and can live for as long as 200 years. The tree’s bark is grey-brown while the twigs of the tree are reddish brown. The leaves of the common juniper are needle-like with prickly points and are green in color. The tree also produces male and female flowers. The male flowers are small and yellow and grow near the tip of the twigs whereas the female flowers are green and eventually evolve into the purple fruit of the tree. The fruit is a berry-like cone that is fleshy and aromatic.2 doTERRA Juniper Berry essential oil is extracted from the berry of the common juniper plant.
Chemistry of Juniper Berry Oil
Main Chemical Components: α-pinene, sabinene
One of the main chemical constituents found in Juniper Berry essential oil is alpha-pinene. Alpha-pinene is a monoterpene which, due to its chemical properties, can help uplift and renew when used aromatically. Another main chemical component in Juniper Berry oil is sabinene. For more information about the chemical constituents found in Juniper Berry oil or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Juniper Berry Oil
Juniper Berry essential oils blends well with citrus oils and Cypress, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Lavender, Melaleuca (Tea Tree), Lemongrass, Clary Sage, and Vetiver essential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.